Monday, September 7, 2009

Josh in New Mexico

Josh In New Mexico. My sister Barbara went on a road trip with her son Joshua, in the summer of 2008. They drove from Irvine, California to New Mexico, Arizona and back. Kudos to them! Barbara gave me this photo of Josh with a New Mexico sunset and I thought I would use this to hone my skills at silhouettes, man are they hard! Then the painting had dark areas and that was hard to photograph. Geez! This is the best I could do on the photography end. I really think this does not give the painting justice, but there you have it.

5 comments:

  1. This has a wonderful feel to it. No way to capture the openness of a NM sunset sky - no canvas large enough - but you certainly have created a very sensitive, tactile feel for it. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors, love the contrasts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a fine job with this painting. The sunset is beautiful, and the silhouette turned out very well. Nicely done! nancy

    ReplyDelete