Thursday, July 30, 2009

Travels to Boone


I went to Boone North Carolina for three weeks vacation. Again I thought I would sketch lots, but intentions as you know don’t always materialize into reality. We did take a lovely drive up to Beech Mountain (one of the highest points on the east coast) and went to Buckeye Lake. My DH was fishing so I tried out some colored pencils. I haven’t done many sketches with reflections so that is what I tried to get in perspective. The sketch is so-so but the Lake and afternoon were spectacular. On the back deck of the cabin where we stayed were table and chairs to enjoy the wonderful cool afternoons. I got a beautiful pot of posies so did try to draw those using colored markers. Done very fast. I didn't do the posies justice but there you have it...

No comments:

Post a Comment